Flash! Jason Levin’s Manifesto
Jason Levin’s Manifesto
I just received a copy of Jason Levin’s Manifesto.
Hat-tip to Morgen at Verum Serum @ http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13938 Thanks Morgen!
1. You own your body. If you want to put drugs into it (like weed, heroin, alcohol, or tobacco) you should be free to do so. And it should be taxed. If you want to sell your body, you should be free to do so. And it should be taxed. Both should be regulated (like the food supply) to ensure public safety. Both should be available only to adults. Also if you want to kill yourself, be my guest. It’s your body so it’s your decision to leave it.
2. Everyone is free to get married. That goes for a man and a woman, two men, two women, three women and a man, four men and two women, whatever…So go ahead and do whatever the hell you want in your own bedroom, as long as the participants are all consenting adults. Oh, and if being Gay is “against God’s will” why does every species on the planet engage in homosexual behavior?
3. Everyone must be provided with basic healthcare. Universal government sponsored healthcare as a baseline is just as much of a necessity for a thriving society as public schools.
4. Church and State must remain separate. One of the biggest problems in this country right now is the hijacking of the republican party by right-wing fundamentalists who are convinced that 2000 years ago the “Sky Daddy” had a baby with a virgin…
5. Which brings us to war and the death penalty…I believe that there are some truly evil motherfuckers on this planet who deserve to die. I do not condone attacking a country that had nothing to do with 911, nor do I condone interventionist foreign policy. If Saddam was so evil, why haven’t we attacked Kim Jong il? That crazy sonofabitch has nukes!!! Unless someone physically attacks us here on American soil (ala pearl harbor) we should not go to war. But if we do go to war, we need to kick as much ass as is humanly possible. Kill, Maim, Torture, take the gloves way the fuck off! That is how you wage War. This of course, should only be used as a last resort. I also have no moral or ethical problem with the death penalty. The only reason I don’t support the death penalty is that I truly believe the judicial system in its current form is too inept to hand down such an such an irreversible punishment.
6. Which is why I believe citizenship should be earned. Either through military service, public works service, or foreign service (peacecorp, drs. without borders etc.). Only then should you have the right to vote, sit on a jury, or hold public office. Perhaps if these privileges were earned, they would finally be respected.
7. Politics is NOT a career. Public service is something you do while on hiatus from your regular vocation. You should get elected, serve a term or two, and get the fuck out. Only by adhering to these strict standards can we hope for altruism in our elected officials. Politics is a dirty business and no matter how clean you were when you started, the longer you stay in the dirtier you get. That collective dirt seeps into the gears and inevitably harms the machine as a whole. In addition to serious term limits, we need at least 3 political parties in this country! Having only two has led to a stagnant and polarized system which caters to lobbyists and does not serve the interests of the majority of Americans (most of whom are somewhere in the middle).
8. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions! If you break it, buy it. If you spill hot coffee in your lap, don’t sue McDonalds. Learn that coffee = hot and move on! Thus “Loser Pays” [court costs] lawsuits should be the rule, as only those with a righteous beef will bring suit…
9. Corporations need to be subject to the same rules as individuals and should be required to maintain “citizenship” in this country in order to do business…
10. Finally, If you don’t like what’s on the TV or the radio, it has 2 buttons. One to change the channel, and one to turn it OFF. The FCC should not be allowed to regulate content. The only thing they should do is issue licenses to TV stations to avoid a monopoly of media control. News needs to be about information not infotainment. The time was for a TV station to maintain its license they had to air a certain amount of commercial free community oriented programming.
“As a black lesbian trapped in the body of a straight white man, I am able to pass as a member of the establishment wile still maintaining my oneness with the spirit of the Earf Muvah. I’m currently being sued by my inner child for molestation…but trust me, the charges are baseless.”-Jason Levin